Outline of post-war new world
"In the future days which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.
"The first is freedom of speech and expression - everywhere in the world.
"The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way - everywhere in the world.
"The third is freedom from want, which translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants - everywhere in the world.
"The fourth is freedom from fear, which translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be able to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor - anywhere in the world.
"That is no vision of a distant millennium. It is a definite basis for a kind of world attainable in our own time and generation. That kind of world is the very antithesis of the so-called "new order" of tyranny which the dictators seek to create with the crash of a bomb.
"To that "new order" we oppose the greater conception - the Moral Order...
..."The world order which we seek is the cooperation of free countries, working together in a friendly, civilized society...
..."Freedom means the supremacy of human rights, everywhere...
..."To that high concept there can be no end save victory."
- From President Roosevelt's message to the 77th Congress on the State of the Union.
Features the following text:
Our policy shall be this:
1. We, the U.S.A., in cooperation with our allies, for reasons of our national safety and in the interests of international morality, are determined to crush and completely destroy the military power of the Axis aggressors, and their satellites regardless of cost, effort and time necessary to complete this task.
2. The old world order of colonial oppression, exploitation of dominations, rival imperialisms and mercenary balance of power diplomacy ; of majesties, dictators, privileged minorities, plutocratic monopolists and similar social parasites ; the corrupted order responsible for the present world cataclysm, endangering our national safety and peaceful progress, shall never rise again.
3. A New World Moral Order for permanent peace and freedom shall be established at the successful conclusion of the present war.
4. For reasons of history, economic structure, favorable geography and the welfare of mankind, the U.S.A. must, altruistically, assume the leadership of the newly established democratic world order. 5. To reduce the burden and criminal waste of armaments expenditures everywhere in the world, the U.S.A., with the cooperation of Latin-America, the British Commonwealth of Nations, and the U.S.S.R. shall undertake to guarantee peace to the nations which will be permanently disarmed and demilitarized after the conclusion of the present war.
6. In order to be able, in fulfillment of our obligations, to effectively prevent the possibility of a recurrence of another world cataclysm, the invincibility of the U.S.A. as a military, naval and air, shall be the major prerequisite.
7. For realistic considerations of strategy and our invulnerability, it is imperative that the U.S.A. shall obtain relinquishment of controls of their possessions from all foreign Powers in the entire Western Hemisphere, its surrounding waters and strategic island outposts as outlined on accompanying map.
8. For considerations of hemispheric defense and in the spirit and tradition of the new Monroe Doctrine of hemispheric solidarity and the "Good Neighbor" policy, the U.S.A., with the consent of the Latin-American Republics, shall obtain control and protectorate rights of the relinquished territories.
9. To strengthen our position in the Caribbean area which is of obvious importance to hemispheric defense, all possible inducements shall be offered to our neighbors of Central America and the West Indies to facilitate their entrance as equal states of the U.S.A. as outlined on map.
10. To fortify the politico-economic unity of the Western Hemisphere, the U.S.A. shall promote and assist the unification of South America into a well organized, democratic, federated "United States of South America."
11. The liberated British, French and Netherlands Guianas shall be reorganized as one state of the U.S.S.A.
12. All Powers shall relinquish their controls of their colonial, mandate and strategic island possessions everywhere in the world.
13. The British Commonwealth of Nations, the second military and naval Power of importance cooperating in a blinding compact with the U.S.A. as a Power for freedom, shall retain and acquire control of such territories, peace-security bases and strategic island outposts essential for the maintenance of world peace and freedom of the seas as outlined on map.
14. The U.S.S.R., the third military Power of importance cooperating with the U.S.A. as a Power for freedom and the maintenance of world peace, shall acquire control of the liberated, disorganized adjacent areas and those of Germany-Austria to be re-educated and eventually incorporated as equal republics of the U.S.S.R., as approximately outlined on map.
15. A World League of Nationalities with arbitration and supervision powers shall be organized.
16. A World Court with punitive powers of absolute boycott, quarantine, blockade and occupation by international police, against lawbreakers of international morality shall be organized.
17. The U.S.A. with the close cooperation of the United States of South America, the British Commonwealth of Nations, the U.S.S.R. and the World League of Nationalities, shall promote and assist in the unification of the relinquished territories and the areas at present unsoundly divided into well organized, democratic and absolutely demilitarized federated republics as approximately outlined on map.
18. The areas known as Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Switzerland, France, Spain, Portugal, the island of Corsica, and eventually Italy and the islands of Sardinia and Sicily shall be unified as a demilitarized, federated "United States of Europe."
19. The areas known as Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the Spitsbergen islands shall be unified as a demilitarized, federated "United States of Scandinavia."
20. The continent of Africa shall be reorganized and unified as a demilitarized, federated "Union of African Republics."
21. The areas known as Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Hejas, Yemen, Aden, and Oman, shall be unified as a demilitarized union of "Arabian Federated Republics."
22. The areas known as India, including Afghanistan, Baluchistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Burma shall be unified as a demilitarized "Federated Republics of India."
23. The areas known as China, Inner Mongolia, Tibet, Thailand, Malaya, Indo-China and Korea, shall be unified as a demilitarized, federated "United Republics of China."
24. The areas known as Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Crete, Dodecanese and adjacent islands in the Aegean sea shall be unified as a demilitarized "Federated Republic of Greece."
25. The areas known as Eire and Northern Ireland shall be unified as a demilitarized independent republic of "Eire."
26. The area of the Holy Land of the ancient Hebrews, at present known as Palestine and Trans-Jordan, and the adjacent requisite regions as outlined on map, for considerations of history and the imperative necessity to alleviate a post-war refugee problem, shall be unified as a demilitarized independent republic of "Hebrewland."
27. The area known as European Turkey, adjacent to the Dardanelles, sea of Marmora and Bosporus, for considerations of realistic peace strategy shall be placed under joint control of the U.S.S.R. and Turkey.
28. The area known as Turkey shall be a demilitarized independent republic of "Turkey."
29. All problems of exchange, transfer and repatriation of populations shall be administered by the World League of Nationalities.
30. The criminal perpetrators and their partners in guilt of this hideous war shall be brought to justice and unforgettable punishment administered.
31. All subjects of Japan and all persons of Japanese origin of doubtful loyalty shall be permanently expelled from the entire Western Hemisphere, U.S.A. protectorates and strategic island outposts and their property confiscated for post-war reconstruction needs.
32. All subjects of Germany and Italy and all persons of German and Italian origin known as active supporters of nazi and fascist ideologies shall be treated similarly.
33. German, Italian and Japanese immigration to the Western Hemisphere, its protectorates and island outposts shall be indefinitely stopped.
34. All persons of German origin in East Prussia and the Rhineland shall be transferred to inner Germany and the regions permanently de-Prussianized.
35. All persons of German, Italian and Japanese origin shall be permanently expelled from their now conquered territories and their property confiscated for post-war reconstruction needs.
36. To cleanse populations of the defeated Axis aggressors of the intoxication of military chauvinism ; to effectuate the removal and destruction of their potential military establishments ; to recover the accumulated loot and to re-educate them for their eventual membership in the Family of Nations, the areas of Germany-Austria, Italy and Japan shall be hermetically and indefinitely quarantined and administered by appointed Governors subject to supervision by the World League of Nationalism.
37. All resources, industrial and labor capacity of the quarantined areas shall be employed for the post-war restoration and reconstruction needs.
38. To reduce the numerical power of the aggressor nations, as a potential military advantage, a Population Control Policy shall be elaborated and applied in the quarantined areas.
39. In the New World Moral Order which we seek to establish, besides the essential political freedoms, the following fundamental economic changes are imperative:
(a) Nationalization of all natural resources and equitable distribution of same to all nations - everywhere in the world ;
(b) Nationalization of international banking, foreign investments, railroads and power plants - everywhere in the world ;
(c) Nationalization of all armaments producing establishments by all remaining military powers ;
(d) Federal control of foreign commerce and shipping ;
(e) The establishment of a world common monetary system ;
(f) World-wide limitations of interest rates to a maximum of two percent.
40. To retain the victory and leadership of our united democratic effort - the aim of which in not vengeance or exploitation, but freedom and security to all nations for peaceful progress - the unified "Supreme War Command of the United Nations" at the conclusion of the present war, shall be reorganized and transformed into a permanent "Supreme Military and Economic Council" collaborating with the World League of Nationalities in post-war reconstruction and to enforce world peace.
41. The "Supreme Military and Economic Council" shall appoint the Governors to administer the quarantined areas until their eventual parole.
For this purposeful beginning we must fight until absolute victory.
- Maurice Gomberg