This stunningly detailed
satellite image map depicts the United States as viewed from
space in brilliant color. A multitude of
various data sources are combined to produce this maps unparalleled land and
ocean detail of the United States. Land imagery is based on data collected by
NASA's MODIS satellite instrumentation in August 2004. Ocean bathymetric
information is derived from the RAMP II dataset (Radarsat Antarctic Mapping
Project Elevation Model) and GEBCO (General Bathymetric Chart of the
A tremendous amount of detail is illustrated allowing literally thousands of the physical features found in the 48 contiguous states of U.S. to be clearly
identified. Such renowned features as the Grand Canyon, California's great coastal range, the Sierra Nevada's and the green Appalachian Mountains are visible
State and international boundaries are demarcated using red outlines. This map also features a
5° latitude, longitude grid. The map is displayed in a
Lambert Conformal Conic Projection.
Map is also available with countries & U.S. states and state capital cities labeled. Option available during checkout.
This high quality giclee print map is
available in multiple sizes ready for framing or with museum quality beveled edge frame mounting.
Each map is produced as a detailed museum quality archive print. This special printing process is known as Giclee (zhee-CLAY) and is
commonly used to produce very high quality fine art prints. The result is an exquisitely detailed print of substantially higher quality than a standard map poster.
Giclee Print Features:
- Printed on 10 mil premium luster photo paper resulting in a brilliant, colorful image with a vivid life-like quality.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in
fine, precise detail.
- Inks have
a lightfastness rating of over 100 years, guaranteeing minimal noticeable
fading over a very long period of time.
- Printed using very high resolution source files.
- Giclee printing is superior to traditional lithography in a number of ways: colors are brighter, lasts longer, and is a higher resolution.
Museum quality beveled edge plaque mounting is available for our satellite image map giclee prints.
Example of Print Mounted to Beveled Edge Frame
Beveled Edge Frame Mounting:
- Giclee print on glossy photo paper is dry-mounted to 1/4" MDF in a heat
press using archival-quality acid-free dry mounting adhesive.
- Premium laminating film is applied to the surface using a heat press
under 120 tons of pressure.
- Matte laminate provides protection from moisture, UV degradation, and
damage from handling.
- The 1" deep frame is finished with a 1/8" beveled edge and
sealed with a film in a black finish.
- Final result is a non-glare, easy to clean professional product suitable for public display in the worlds most prestigious museums or galleries.
- The durable surface can be cleaned with glass cleaner and paper towels.
Dry Mounting Process
Giclee prints ship within 3-4 business days. We ship our prints rolled up using high quality heavy duty cardboard tubes, a
protective layer of foam is wrapped around each print.
Dry-mounted framed prints ship within 2 weeks. These are carefully packaged in sturdy shipping cartons. Framed prints larger than 60" x 30" ship via freight truck.
Weight measurements listed for each item reflect a dimensional
shipping weight and are not representative of the actual physical weight of the
item itself. These are printed and mounted to order and cannot be returned once opened.