The Academia Primary Learning series of maps are ideal for teaching geography to 2nd and 3rd grade students. The classroom maps are designed to teach younger students introductory map skills. Students will be introduced to the countries of the world and U.S. states as well as capital and major cities. These maps feature an emphasis on world political regions and U.S. states with countries and states clearly identified in bright contrasting colors. This combination set includes both a U.S. and World political map mounted onto a heavy-duty spring roller assembly.
Countries, national capital cities, major cities and U.S. states are clearly labeled. Also features rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, and latitude/longitude lines. Maps also feature shaded relief to depict terrain. The world map is presented in a Winkel-Tripel projection (also used by the National Geographic Society) for a more accurate representation of the world.
- Laminated with a markable washable surface.
- Simplified maps are great for teaching socials studies or geography to grades 2-3.
- Bold easy to read text labels.
- Detailed legend explains the maps symbols and labeling conventions.
- A pictorial legend on each map illustrates land and water forms.
- Insets include: World: Global views of North and South Pole, world continents, and a physical world map displaying elevations. US: Location globe.
- Spring Roller Mounting - 2-Sheet - Combo - The laminated maps are mounted to a heavy-duty pull-down classroom spring roller w/ metal backboard rail for hanging from hooks or wall brackets
Ships rolled in a durable cardboard tube.
This popular educational map set is also offered as an economical wall map combo for home or classroom use. Click to see the Primary Learning U.S. & World Classroom Style Map Set.