This stunningly detailed satellite image map of the world is the most
accurate and up to date map of its kind. A multitude of various data sources
are combined to produce this maps unique detail of the planet. Land imagery
is based on data collected by NASA's MODIS satellite instrumentation in
August 2004. Ocean bathymetric information is derived from the RAMP II
dataset (Radarsat Antarctic Mapping Project Elevation Model) and GEBCO
(General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans. Polar sea ice is based on a
combination of MODIS data and observations made by the National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration's AVHRR sensor (Advanced Very High Resolution
In amazing detail you can make out tens of thousands of the
Earth's natural features such as the Grand Canyon in Arizona or relatively
small Ayer's Rock in Australia as well as ocean floor tectonic plate
boundaries. International borders are represented in red outlines.
Map is also available with countries & capital cities labeled. Option available during checkout.
This high quality giclee print map is
available in multiple sizes ready for framing or with museum quality beveled edge frame mounting.
Each map is produced as a detailed museum quality archive print. This special printing process is known as Giclee (zhee-CLAY) and is
commonly used to produce very high quality fine art prints. The result is an exquisitely detailed print of substantially higher quality than a standard map poster.
Giclee Print Features:
- Printed on 10 mil premium luster photo paper resulting in a brilliant, colorful image with a vivid life-like quality.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in
fine, precise detail.
- Inks have
a lightfastness rating of over 100 years, guaranteeing minimal noticeable
fading over a very long period of time.
- Printed using very high resolution source files.
- Giclee printing is superior to traditional lithography in a number of ways: colors are brighter, lasts longer, and is a higher resolution.
Museum quality beveled edge plaque mounting is available for our satellite image map giclee prints.
Example of Print Mounted to Beveled Edge Frame
Beveled Edge Frame Mounting:
- Giclee print on glossy photo paper is dry-mounted to 1/4" MDF in a heat
press using archival-quality acid-free dry mounting adhesive.
- Premium laminating film is applied to the surface using a heat press
under 120 tons of pressure.
- Matte laminate provides protection from moisture, UV degradation, and
damage from handling.
- The 1" deep frame is finished with a 1/8" beveled edge and
sealed with a film in a black finish.
- Final result is a non-glare, easy to clean professional product suitable for public display in the worlds most prestigious museums or galleries.
- The durable surface can be cleaned with glass cleaner and paper towels.
Dry Mounting Process
Giclee prints ship within 3-4 business days. We ship our prints rolled up using high quality heavy duty cardboard tubes, a
protective layer of foam is wrapped around each print.
Dry-mounted framed prints ship within 2 weeks. These are carefully packaged in sturdy shipping cartons. Framed prints larger than 60" x 30" ship via freight truck.
Weight measurements listed for each item reflect a dimensional
shipping weight and are not representative of the actual physical weight of the
item itself. These are printed and mounted to order and cannot be returned once opened.