This is a detailed version of our World Topography & Bathymetry satellite image map mural depicted in a Miller projection. A stunning map compiled from a collection of NASA satellite imagery. The map is an impressive geographic presentation of world topography in 3-D shaded-relief and ocean floor bathymetry. Easily identify areas of rain forests, deserts, major glaciers, and mountain ranges. The map features detailed political data updated for 2016 along with thousands of place name labels identifying cultural and physical features including:
- Country & U.S. state boundaries outlined, all countries labeled including island nations.
- Major cites, national capitals, U.S. & Canadian capital cities.
- Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, and deserts. Geologic basins.
- Major seas, bays, and straits. Major and minor islands.
- Ocean floor details including: fracture zones, ridges, and trenches.
- Latitude/longitude, international dateline, and time zones.
- True-color land imagery w/ 3-D relief shading of topography and ocean bathymetry derived from global elevation datasets.
The map is derived from a composite of satellite imagery with a spatial resolution of 500 meters. A multitude of data sources were combined to produce this unique view of the Earth including: land imagery based on NASA's MODIS instrumentation (August 2004), ocean bathymetric information from NOAA and GEBCO (General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans). Antarctica data is compiled from the RAMP (Radarsat Antarctic Mapping Project Elevation Model) AMM-1 SAR image mosaic and RAMP digital elevation model, both version 2. Shaded-relief is based on NASA SRTM elevation data. A Miller projection is used for this map.
This map mural is available in multiple sizes in the following wallcovering materials:
Peel & Stick Fabric
- Easily peel off backing and stick to wall
- Self-adhesive fabric wall covering
- Resistant to wrinkles, bubbling, & tears.
- Repositionable, reusable adhesive
- Leaves no damage or residue on the wall
- Long lasting adhesive, once applied it will stay in place for many years
- Pre-pasted for easier application
- Indoor display permanence up to 20 years
- Water, mold, mildew and flame resistant
- Vivid colors printed with latex inks
- 94% Opacity, Ultra-smooth matte finish
- Greenguard indoor air quality certified
Choose a Custom Size to Fit Your Wall
Add Your Company Logo
We can accommodate numerous other design requests including marking locations, highlighting areas, adding GIS data, changing colors, or add a personalized title. View more info here
Murals ship within 3-4 business days. We ship our murals rolled up using high quality heavy duty cardboard tubes, a protective paper is wrapped around each mural.
We ship to all 50 U.S. states and Canada. Shipping is also available to Europe, Australia and many countries worldwide, please contact us for a shipping quote.
All of our map mural products are printed to order and cannot be returned once opened.
Our map wall murals are installed just like regular wallpaper, in multiple panels.
The PVC-Free Wallpaper murals feature ready to hang pre-pasted panels that are water activated. These are ideal for commercial and residential installations.
The Peel & Stick Fabric is a great option for rental properties or temporary installations where it may be necessary in the future to remove the mural without damaging walls or paint.
Mural Installation Guides: