This reproduction bird's-eye view map of Patchogue, New York was
published by Hughes & Bailey in 1906. The village of Patchogue was
incorporated in 1893 in Suffolk County. It is located on the south shore
of Long Island and was named after the Patchogue Native American Tribe
that once lived there.
This panoramic map from the early 1900s
features top and bottom illustrations or photographs of the following:
Fire Department Building
Patchogue High School
Methodist Episcopal Church
River Avenue School
Maple Avenue School
Roe's Hotel, G. G. Roz,
E. Bailey & Sons, Planing and
Moulding Mills and Lumber Yards
Residence of Sherman Gerard
Residence of Hon. Edwin Bailey
E. Bailey & Sons Store
H. F. Weeks, Coal Yards
Summer Residence of Geo. S.
Youngling, M. D.
A. D. Schoenfeld's Bakery
Residence of J. J.
Maurice Beck's Store, Ladies' Outfitter
E. Agate Foster, M. D.
Ackerly's Music Hall, Successor to Geo. M.
Ackerly & Son
Eugene P. Smith's Drug Store
Residence of Geo. W.
Sumner, Rear Admiral, U. S. N.
Patchogue Manufacturing Co., Lace
H. S. Conklin's Book, News and Stationery Store
Ocean Avenue Hotel, Sanford Weeks, Proprietor
The map shows buildings, clearly labeled streets, and railroad
Features numbered & lettered references to
the following locations:
B. Patchogue Station L. I. R. R.
C. Public Schools
CA. Free Public Library
E. Congregational Church
F. M. E. Church
G. Episcopal Church
I. Baptist Church
J. Jewish Church
K. Residence of Hon. Edwin Bailey
L. Residence Of Joseph Bailey, Ocean Ave. below Baker St.
M. Residence of Henry Bade, 376 Main St.
N. Residence of
James A. Canfield, Rose Ave.
O. Properties of Mme. J.
Flasch. New York Office, 761 6th Ave.
P. Residence of J.
Fred. Flugrath, Rose Ave.
Q. Residence of Sherman
Gerard, 127 Rider Ave.
R. Residence, "Brightwood" of
Mrs. K. L. Gilbert, Laurel St.
S. Residence of L. B.
Green, 223 N. Ocean Ave.
T. Residence of J. J.
Kirkpatrick, 252 N. Ocean Ave.
U. Residence of John F.
Magurk, Rider Ave. near Park St.
V. Residence of A.
Smith Pettey, 309 River Ave.
VA. Residence of Henry Reardon
W. Residence of Rev. John J. F. Robinson, Pastor Catholic Church
X. Residence of Mrs. George Silliman, 32 Carman St.
Residence of J. N. Silsbe, 306 Ocean Ave.
of Ruth N. Smith, 575 Ocean Ave.
AA. Residence of George Watson
Sumner, Rear Admiral U. S. Navy, Retired, E. Main St.
1. J. W. Ackerly, Musical Instruments and Merchandise, Sewing Machines,
2. E. Bailey & Sons, Inc. Patchogue Planing
and Moulding Mill, West Ave. and Division St. Hardware and Builders'
Supplies Store, 24 Ocean Ave.
2A. Edwin Bailey Jr., Office, Syndicate
3. "Bartletts" R. S. Bartlett, Proprietor, 15 W.
4. Maurice Beck Apparel, Established 1892,
Outfitters for Ladies, Misses and Children, 58 W. Main St.
5. Thomas Bush, Practical Horseshoer and General Blacksmith, E. Main St.
6. Arington H. Carman, Attorney at Law, Syndicate Bldg.
National Bank, Masonic Temple
7. George E. Coleman,
Contractor and Builder, 18 Carman St.
8. H. S. Conklin,
Stationer, Bookseller and Newsdealer, 29-31 Ocean Ave.
9. James P. Conklin, Contractor and Builder, 23 Carman St.
Corley's Restaurant, W. C. Corley, Proprietor, Ocean Ave. near Main St.
Best Cuisine, Prompt Service
11. A. F. Dake, General Machinist,
Bicycle, Automobile and Repairing, 52 Oak St.
12. Dr. Milton B.
Davis, Office and Residence, 68 W. Main St.
13. Dr. H. Mott
Demarest, Dentist, Room 1, Masonic Temple
14. E. Agate Foster,
M. D. Office and Residence, Ocean Ave. and Gerard Ct.
George W. Fox, Central House Stables, Boarding and Livery
George H. Furman, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Ocean Ave., Roe's Block
H. Geertsema, Meat and Poultry Market, 46 North Ocean Ave.
F. E. Gordon, Plumber, First-Class Work, 45 W. Main St.
Hotel Montauk, Edward Davidow, Proprietor, foot of Ocean Ave. Sea Food
Dinners a Specialty
20. A. D. Hobbs, Manufacturer of Hollow
Cement Stone, Islip, N. Y.
21. Frank H. Homan, Contractor and
Builder, 98 Rider Ave.
22. John S. Havens & Co., General
Merchandise, 71 Main St.
23. Walter H. Jaycox, Attorney and
Counselor at Law, County Judge Suffolk County, Syndicate Bldg.
Charles C. Jones, Painter and Decorator, 15 Rider Ave.
E. Ketcham, Syndicate Bldg.
26. Theodore J. Kirk, Plumber,
Steam and Gas Fitter, Syndicate Bldg.
27. J. M. Malken, Model
Horseshoeing and Blacksmithing Establishment, N. Ocean Ave. corner Oak
28. Mascot House and Dock, R. A. Budd, Proprietor, foot of
Ocean Ave. Shore Dinners a Specialty
29. Robert H. Metcalf,
Real Estate and Insurance Broker, 64 Terry St.
30. Moore &
Thurber, Fancy Groceries, Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, 52 Ocean Ave.
"The Old Homestead" Charles H. Murdock, Proprietor, 8 W. Main St.
Ocean Avenue Hotel, Sanford Weeks, Owner and Proprietor, foot of Ocean
33. C. J. Odell, Groceries, Fruits and Vegetables, 467
34. Old Oak Hotel, George A. Link, Proprietor, Open
all the Year. E. Main St. between Grove and Evergreen Sts.
Hermann Pape, Manufacturer of Fine Confections and Ice Cream, 28 Ocean
36. R. H. Parks, Mason and Builder, 52 Railroad Ave.
Patchogue Advance, James A. Canfield, Editor and Publisher, Ocean Ave.
Patchogue Argus, L. B. Green, Editor and Proprietor, 31 W. Main St.
Patchogue Bank, General Banking Business, 44 W. Main t.
Patchogue Cleaning and Dye Works, George T. Renke, Proprietor, 36 W.
41. Patchogue Gas Co., W. Main St. near River St.
Patchogue Manufacturing Co., Lace Curtain Manufacturers, New York
Office, 443-445 Broadway
43. Pecaha Laundry, Case & Petty,
Proprietors, 48 W. Main St.
44. Robert S. Pelletreau, Attorney
at Law, Syndicate Bldg.
45. A. Redfield Pettit, M. D. Office
and Residence, 63 E. Main St.
46. A. W. Phillips, Public
Truckman and Team Contractor, Jennings Ave.
47. Potter & Price,
Real Estate and Insurance, Patchogue Bank Bldg.
Hotel, G. G. Roe, Proprietor. Superior Equipment Throughout. Open All
49. John J. Roe, Real Estate and Insurance, Roe's
Block, Ocean Ave.
50. Dr. W. H. Roe, Office and Residence, 60
E. Main St.
51. Mrs. Clara Schenk, Millinery, 128 Ocean Ave.
A. D. Shoenfeld, Model Bakery and Confectionery, 172 Ocean Ave. opposite
53. Frank F. Schwartz, Photo Studio, 126-8 Ocean
54. Lewis A. Seitz, Barber, 9 W. Main St.
William Simpson, Contractor and Builder, 33 Jennings Ave.
Emmett C. Smith, House Mover, 424 Grove Ave.
57. Emmett F.
Smith, Civil Engineer, Roads, Municipal Works, Parks, 31 W. Main St.
58. Eugene P. Smith, Prescription Druggist,
Roe's Block, 55 Ocean Ave.
59. J. L. Smith, General Truckman,
49 Rider Ave.
60. Alanson S. Still, General Trucking, 479 Ocean
61. G. G. Swezey & Son, Boarding and Livery Stables, rear
of Roe's Hotel
62. Emerson G. Terrell, Contractor and Builder,
32 Church St.
63. M. F. Tiger, Grower of Fine Nursery Stock,
64. John R. Vunk, Real Estate, Room 2, Roe's Block and
Bellport, L. I.
65. Henry E. Weeks, Dealer in All Kinds of
Coal, West Ave.
66. Robert Weeks, Up-to-Date Job and Commercial
Printing, 47 W. Main St.
67. Dr. James L. Wells, Veterinary
Surgeon, U. S. Inspector, B. A. I., 19 Academy St.
Weston, Wholesale and Retail Florist, Division St. opposite Depot
White House Hotel, E. M. Dooley, Proprietor, Meals on European Plan, 63
W. Main St.
70. M. H. Woodhull, Jeweler and Optician, 59 Ocean
71. George S. Youngling, M. D., Maiden Lane. New York
Office, 453 W. 34th St.
||Click to buy
||24" x 20"
||36" x 31"
||42" x 36"
||50" x 42"
View our selection of
View our selection of
New York Historical Maps
View our selection of Historic Map Gifts
View our selection of
Historic Reproduction Globes
View our selection of
Old World Globe
All reproduction prints are
printed as "museum quality", using advanced ink formulas and durable
museum quality paper. The reproduction prints reflect the state of
repair of the original conserved document. Stains and imperfections
reflected in the original map at the time it was collected for
conservation are left un-retouched, as they reflect the character and
charm of the vintage original. Some major imperfections, such as dark
fold lines have been removed when possible. Maps are printed as ordered
and are not returnable unless received damaged.