Historic Map - Bellows Falls, Vermont - 1866
Today Bellows Falls is a village within the township of Rockingham. It has become a popular destination for tourists who enjoy the fine examples of Victorian architecture that remain as evidence of its wealth as a successful mill town. Bellows Falls became a major mill town after the first paper mill was built in 1802.
The Abenaki tribe inhabited the area for thousands of years, fishing the falls on the Connecticut River. The first European settlement was established in 1753, when English colonists gave the place the name Great Falls. The village was later named after Colonel Benjamin Bellows, a local landowner. The first bridge crossing the Connecticut River was built by Colonel Enoch Hale in 1785.
Features numbered & lettered references to the following locations:
Roman Catholic Church.
St. Agnes Hall.
Rail Road Station.
Fall Mountain Paper Co.'s Paper Mills.
Moore, Arms & Thompson's Paper Mills.
John Robertson & Son's Paper Mills.
Willard Russell & Co.'s Paper Mills.
Wyman Flint & Sons' Paper Mills.
John T. Moore's Paper Mills.
Grist and Flouring Mills.
Osgood & Barker's Machine Shop.
Vermont Farm Machine Co.
Derby & Ball's Scythe Snath Factory.
Bellows Falls Steam Laundry.
North Walpole Saw Mill.
North Walpole Roman Catholic Church.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.