The map features countries displayed in bright contrasting colors with political boundaries outlined. Countries, national capital cities, major cities and U.S. states are clearly labeled. Also features rivers, lakes, seas, mountain ranges, deserts, basins, and latitude/longitude lines. Map includes detailed shaded relief of terrain to aid in understanding relationships between physical and political geography. Politically up-to-date with the latest changes and presented in a Winkel-Tripel projection (also used by the National Geographic Society) for a more accurate representation of the world.
- Bold easy to read text labels.
- Detailed legend identifies map symbols and features.
- Detailed polar projections of the North and South Pole.
- Thematic insets include: Global Climate, Human Land Use (classified in 14 anthropogenic biomes or ecological patterns created by human interaction with ecosystems), and World Population Density.
Available in a variety of sizes, and in multiple finishing options including:
- Premium Paper Print - Heavyweight paper fine art print, map poster
- Laminated Print - High quality 3 mil lamination, full encapsulation, dry-erase compatible, metal eyelets provide reinforced points for hanging with pushpins
- Laminated on Wood Hanging Rails - Solid wood rails mounted to the top and bottom of laminated print w/ durable hanging cord
- Peel & Stick Wall Decal - Repositionable, removable self-adhesive fabric wall decal - resists wrinkles, bubbling, & tears
Ships rolled in a durable cardboard tube.
This popular classroom style map is also offered on a spring roller for school or home use. Click to see the Advanced World Political Spring Roller Map.