A stunning view of the world at night that depicts the extent and patterns of human settlements across the planet. Satellite image data derived from the NASA 2016 "Night Lights" map is the source for this clear view of how we light up the planet during the nighttime hours. City lights covering the entire earth are presented in glowing detail allowing you to easily identify urban centers across the globe.
The night lights data is comprised of a global composite of nighttime observations made in 2016 using the Suomi NPP VIIRS (Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite) satellite instrumentation. NASA released this night lights data in April 2017.
This unique satellite image map is an excellent conversation piece that will look great on any wall. It serves as a spectacular visualization of the extent of the human footprint across the planet.
The map is offered as a high quality giclee print available in multiple sizes ready for framing or with museum quality beveled edge frame plaque mounting.
Each map is produced as a detailed museum quality archive print. This special printing process is known as Giclee (zhee-CLAY) and is commonly used to produce very high quality fine art prints. The result is an exquisitely detailed print of substantially higher quality than a standard map poster.
Giclee Print Features:
- Printed on 10 mil premium luster photo paper resulting in a brilliant, colorful image with a vivid life-like quality.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.
- Inks have a lightfastness rating of over 100 years, guaranteeing minimal noticeable fading over a very long period of time.
- Printed using very high resolution source files.
- Giclee printing is superior to traditional lithography in a number of ways: colors are brighter, lasts longer, and is a higher resolution.
Museum quality beveled edge plaque mounting is available for our satellite image map giclee prints.
Example of Print Mounted to Beveled Edge Frame
Beveled Edge Frame Mounting:
- Giclee print on glossy photo paper is dry-mounted to 1/4" MDF in a heat press using archival-quality acid-free dry mounting adhesive.
- Premium laminating film is applied to the surface using a heat press under 120 tons of pressure.
- Matte laminate provides protection from moisture, UV degradation, and damage from handling.
- The 1" deep frame is finished with a 1/8" beveled edge and sealed with a film in a black finish.
- Final result is a non-glare, easy to clean professional product suitable for public display in the worlds most prestigious museums or galleries.
- The durable surface can be cleaned with glass cleaner and paper towels.
Dry Mounting Process
Giclee prints ship within 3-4 business days. We ship our prints rolled up using high quality heavy duty cardboard tubes, a protective layer of foam is wrapped around each print.
Dry-mounted framed prints ship within 2 weeks. These are carefully packaged in sturdy shipping cartons. Framed prints larger than 60" x 30" ship via freight truck.
Weight measurements listed for each item reflect a dimensional shipping weight and are not representative of the actual physical weight of the item itself. These are printed and mounted to order and cannot be returned once opened.