Historic Map - Arlington, NJ - 1907
View of Arlington, Bergen County, N.J., 1907
This reproduction aero-view map of the Arlington and Kearny area of New Jersey was published around 1907. The communities settled as Arlington and Kearny were part of a Crown patent of 30,000 acres granted to Major William Sandford of Barbados Island. Sanford purchased all the rights and titles to the land from Chief Tantaqua of the Hackensack Indians for twenty Sterling English pounds.
Copper was discovered and mined heavily in the area throughout the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. One very successful mine owned by John Schuyler maintained a Newcomen steam engine that had been imported from England and assembled in Arlington to pump water out of the mine.
North Arlington was incorporated as a borough in 1896 and Kearny was incorporated as a town in 1899. Ten years after this map's publishing, the Arlington/Kearny area would become a major ship building community for the U. S. military.
This panoramic map from 1907 shows buildings, railroad route and clearly labeled streets. Nairn Linoleum Company is noted at the bottom right.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.