Historic Map - Los Angeles, CA - 1877

Code:
1W-CA-LA1-1877-S-P
Shipping Weight:
2.00 pounds
Starting at $29.95

clear
View of Los Angeles from the east. Brooklyn Heights in the foreground; Pacific Ocean and Santa Monica Mountains in the background. Drawn by E. S. Glover. A.L. Bancroft & Co., lith.

The city of Los Angeles was founded in 1781 by Felipe de Neve, a Spanish governor. In 1821, after declaring independence from Spain, the city became a part of Mexico. Following the Mexican-American War, in 1848 the city became a part of the United States. Two years later, the city was incorporated. Experiencing frequent booms in population, it has grown to be the second largest city in the United States. This beautiful map provides a look back to the early days of the city. Complete reference list below. 


Features numbered & lettered references to the following locations:

  1. Los Angeles and Independence R.R. Depot.
  2. St Vincent College.
  3. Catholic Cathedral.
  4. M.E. Church.
  5. Jewish Church.
  6. M.E. Church, South.
  7. County Court House.
  8. High School Building.
  9. Episcopal Church.
10. Congregational Church.
11. Alden Fruit Dryer.
12. Distillery.
13. City Gas Works.
14. Public School.
15. Sisters School.
16. French Hospital.
17. Sisters Hospital.
18. Southern Pacific R.R. Depot.
19. Temple Block.
20. Pico House.