This reproduction bird's-eye view of Pawling, New York was drawn by P. H. Smith and published by Knickerbocker Litho. Co. in 1909. Pawling is a town in Dutchess County that was first settled by Quakers in the early 1700s. Pawling's "John Kane House" was headquarters to George Washington for two months of 1778. The New York and Harlem Railroad began bringing tourists to Pawling in the mid-1800s. The area's "Dutcher Golf Course", referenced on this map, is the nation's oldest public golf course.
This panoramic view map of Pawling from 1909 shows labeled streets, buildings and railroad routes.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.