Historic Map - Pawling, NY - 1909
1909 Pawling, N.Y. Drawn by P. H. Smith. Copyrighted ... by W. G. Tice. Knickerbocker Litho. Co.
This reproduction bird's-eye view of Pawling, New York was drawn by P. H. Smith and published by Knickerbocker Litho. Co. in 1909. Pawling is a town in Dutchess County that was first settled by Quakers in the early 1700s. Pawling's "John Kane House" was headquarters to George Washington for two months of 1778. The New York and Harlem Railroad began bringing tourists to Pawling in the mid-1800s. The area's "Dutcher Golf Course", referenced on this map, is the nation's oldest public golf course.
This panoramic view map of Pawling from 1909 shows labeled streets, buildings and railroad routes.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
- M. E. Church
- St. John's R. C. Church
- Baptist Church
- Pawling High School
- National Bank of Pawling
- Pawling Savings Bank
- Dutcher House, Cottages and Grounds
- Jos. P. Kiernan, Manufacturer of Soda and Mineral Waters
- Residence of Mr. Albert E. Dodge
- Residence of Hon. J. B. Dutcher
- Residence of Mr. George S. Norton
- Residence of Mr. G. W. Stewart
- Residence of Mr. Robert C. Hurd
- The Pawling School
- Lakeside Park, Mr. A. S. Swan
- Pawling Golf Links
- Residence of Mr. W. J. Carey
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.