Large, flexible, vinyl map depicting all of North America.
Made in Germany, this beautiful map is the largest we've seen of its kind. Rubbery material comes back to its original shape, so raised relief contours are highly resistant to dents and damage that can occur with typical vacuum-formed raised maps. Rich coloration and dramatic raised relief create a stunning display. Map features wood slats on top and bottom for easy hanging. Rolls into a tube for transport.
- Features stunning relief of landforms and the ocean floor.
- Physical features identified include: Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges & peaks, deserts. Geologic basins. Major seas, bays, and straits. Major cities, countries.
- Colorful topographic shading and ocean bathymetry w/ elevation & sea depth legend.
- Roll-able raised relief map produced from durable flexible vinyl.
- Can be used as a wall map or floor map - standing on the map will not damage it.
This exaggerated relief map of North America is factory sealed vintage stock which may feature some signs of age or other minor imperfections. The map may not be politically up-to-date. These are rare maps that are no longer in production. It is an excellent educational product for teaching physical geography. Made in Germany by Ernst Knoll, founder of Relief-Technik (now Geo-Institut).Dimensions: 4'6" x 5'3"