Large, flexible, vinyl raised relief map depicting Palestine, the Holy Land. The map is titled "Palestina tempore Jesu Christi", or "Palestine in the Time of Christ". The map features all text labels in Latin.
This beautiful map is the largest we've seen of its kind. Rubbery material comes back to its original shape, so the raised relief contours are highly resistant to dents and damage that can occur with typical vacuum-formed raised relief maps. Rich coloration and dramatic raised relief create a stunning display. Map features wood slats on top and bottom for easy hanging. Rolls into a tube for transport.
This exaggerated relief map of Palestine is factory sealed vintage stock which may feature some signs of age or other minor imperfections. The map may not be politically up-to-date. These are rare maps that are no longer in production. The map is ideal for historic religious study pertaining to the bible or bible lands. Made in Germany by the Ernst Knoll founded Relief-Technik (now Geo-Institut).
- Physical features identified include: Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges & peaks, deserts. Major seas, bays, and straits. Historic cities and geographic regions.
- Inset with detail of the Sinai Peninsula and Northern Palestine.
- Colorful topographic shading and ocean bathymetry w/ elevation & sea depth legend.
- Roll-able raised relief map produced from durable flexible vinyl.
- Can be used as a wall map or floor map - standing on the map will not damage it.