This map gives you a rare glimpse of the world from space depicting snow cover across the northern hemisphere. In this map the world is represented in a less common Pacific Rim view. A multitude of various data sources are combined to produce this maps stunning detail of the world making it the most accurate and up to date map of its kind. Land imagery is based on data collected by NASA's MODIS satellite instrumentation in February 2004. Polar sea ice is based on a combination of MODIS data and observations made by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's AVHRR sensor (Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer). The source resolution of this map is 15 arc-seconds (1 pixel per 500m at the equator). Tens of thousands of the earths physical features can be clearly identified in astounding detail. Map is featured in a Geographic Projection and political borders are demarcated using red outlines.
Map is also available with countries & capital cities labeled.
This high quality giclee print map is available in multiple sizes ready for framing or with museum quality beveled edge frame mounting.
Each map is produced as a detailed museum quality archive print. This special printing process is known as Giclee (zhee-CLAY) and is commonly used to produce very high quality fine art prints. The result is an exquisitely detailed print of substantially higher quality than a standard map poster.
Giclee Print Features:
- Printed on 10 mil premium luster photo paper resulting in a brilliant, colorful image with a vivid life-like quality.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.
- Inks have a lightfastness rating of over 100 years, guaranteeing minimal noticeable fading over a very long period of time.
- Printed using very high resolution source files.
- Giclee printing is superior to traditional lithography in a number of ways: colors are brighter, lasts longer, and is a higher resolution.
Museum quality beveled edge plaque mounting is available for our satellite image map giclee prints.
Example of Print Mounted to Beveled Edge Frame
Beveled Edge Frame Mounting:
- Giclee print on glossy photo paper is dry-mounted to 1/4" MDF in a heat press using archival-quality acid-free dry mounting adhesive.
- Premium laminating film is applied to the surface using a heat press under 120 tons of pressure.
- Matte laminate provides protection from moisture, UV degradation, and damage from handling.
- The 1" deep frame is finished with a 1/8" beveled edge and sealed with a film in a black finish.
- Final result is a non-glare, easy to clean professional product suitable for public display in the worlds most prestigious museums or galleries.
- The durable surface can be cleaned with glass cleaner and paper towels.
Dry Mounting Process
Giclee prints ship within 3-4 business days. We ship our prints rolled up using high quality heavy duty cardboard tubes, a protective layer of foam is wrapped around each print.
Dry-mounted framed prints ship within 2 weeks. These are carefully packaged in sturdy shipping cartons. Framed prints larger than 60" x 30" ship via freight truck.
Weight measurements listed for each item reflect a dimensional shipping weight and are not representative of the actual physical weight of the item itself. These are printed and mounted to order and cannot be returned once opened.