The map features colorful topographic shading, or hypsometric tints, combined with detailed shaded relief of terrain to clearly define elevation information for the world. Political boundaries for countries are represented using bold red outlines. Countries, national capital cities, major cities and U.S. states are clearly labeled. Also features rivers, lakes, seas, mountain ranges, deserts, basins, latitude/ longitude lines as well as warm and cold ocean currents. This world topography map also features detailed ocean bathymetry including ocean floor relief. Major ocean floor trenches, basins, and ridges are also labeled. Politically up-to-date with the latest changes and presented in a Winkel-Tripel projection (also used by the National Geographic Society) for a more accurate representation of the world.
- Bold easy to read text labels.
- Detailed legend identifies map symbols and features.
- Land and ocean color legend aids in clearly distinguishing elevation and ocean bathymetry values in meters and feet.
- Detailed polar projections of the North and South Pole.
- Thematic insets include: Global Climate, Landcover (natural vegetation) and World Population Density.
Available in a variety of sizes, and in multiple finishing options including:
- Premium Paper Print - Heavyweight paper fine art print, map poster
- Laminated Print - High quality 3 mil lamination, full encapsulation, dry-erase compatible, metal eyelets provide reinforced points for hanging with pushpins
- Laminated on Wood Hanging Rails - Solid wood rails mounted to the top and bottom of laminated print w/ durable hanging cord
- Peel & Stick Wall Decal - Repositionable, removable self-adhesive fabric wall decal - resists wrinkles, bubbling, & tears
Ships rolled in a durable cardboard tube.
This popular classroom style map is also offered on a spring roller for school or home use. Click to see the Advanced World Physical Pull-Down Map.