The map features colorful topographic shading, or hypsometric tints, combined with detailed shaded relief of terrain to clearly define elevation information for the world. Political boundaries for countries are represented using bold red outlines. Countries, national capital cities, major cities and U.S. states are clearly labeled. Also features rivers, lakes, seas, mountain ranges, deserts, basins, latitude/ longitude lines as well as warm and cold ocean currents. This world topography map also features detailed ocean bathymetry including ocean floor relief. Major ocean floor trenches, basins, and ridges are also labeled. Politically up-to-date with the latest changes and presented in a Winkel-Tripel projection (also used by the National Geographic Society) for a more accurate representation of the world.
- Laminated with a dry-erase marker compatible washable surface.
- Bold easy to read text labels.
- Detailed legend identifies map symbols and features.
- Land and ocean color legend aids in clearly distinguishing elevation and ocean bathymetry values in meters and feet.
- Detailed polar projections of the North and South Pole.
- Thematic insets include: Global Climate, Landcover (natural vegetation) and World Population Density.
This popular educational map is also offered as an economical wall map for home or classroom use. Click to see the Advanced World Physical Classroom Style Map.
Questions about the Advanced World Physical Pull-Down Map?
World Maps Online is here to help you with all of your map needs. If you need help finding the right product, we're happy to answer questions you have. Give us a call during normal business hours at 877-884-2402 or click here to send us a message.