null

Historic Map - Albion, NY - 1880

Code:
1W-NY-AB-1880-S-P
Shipping Weight:
2.00 pounds
Starting at $29.95

clear
View of Albion, N.Y., 1880 / drawn & pub. by H.H. Rowley & Co.

Reproduction panorama map of Albion, New York drawn and published by H. H. Rowley & Co. in 1880. Albion was a quiet village called "Newport", when first settled in 1812, until the Erie Canal was built, passing right through it. In 1828, Albion was incorporated as a village and named county seat to the newly formed Orleans County.

The map from 1880 includes clearly labeled street names showing carriage, railroad and canal traffic.

Features numbered references to the following locations:

  1. Baptist Church
  2. Episcopal Church
  3. Presbyterian Church
  4. Methodist Church
  5. Free Methodist Church
  6. Roman Catholic Church
  7. County Court House
  8. County Clerk's Office
  9. County Jail
10. Concert Hall
11. Village Hall
12. Public Schools 
13. C. F. Colburn & Co., Lumber Dealers
14. Warner & Sheldon, Coal, Wood and Hay
15. W. A. Howard, Coal, Wood and Plaster
16. Robert W. Van Stone, Grain and Feed
17. Charles D. Elliot, Sash, Doors and Blinds
18. Clark & Reed, Fruit and Vegetables