This panoramic print of Aurora, Illinois was drawn by H. Brosius and published by J. J. Stoner and Beck & Pauli Lith. in 1882. Aurora was formed in the 1830s along the Fox River as an agricultural center for the region’s cereal grain and dairy products.
In the late 1840s the Aurora Branch Railroad was built to better connect the town with Chicago. The railroad later became part of the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad and maintained important railroad repair shops and roundhouses at Aurora. The city installed an electric street light system in 1881.
The map from 1882 includes tree-lined streets, bridges, buildings, town quarry and railroad routes.
Features references to the following locations:
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.