null

Historic Map - Birmingham, CT - 1876

Code:
1W-CT-BI-1876-S-P
Shipping Weight:
2.00 pounds
Starting at $29.95

clear
Birmingham, Conn. 1876

Reproduction map of the community known as Birmingham, Connecticut, drawn and published by O.H. Bailey & Co. of Boston. A borough of Derby, Birmingham developed along the canal built to run down the west bank of the Naugatuck River from the dam built in Ansonia, CT in the 1830's. The map features clearly labeled street names with lively scenes of carriage and pedestrian traffic. Three inset illustrations appear in the bottom margin. The first is of Sharon Bassett's Norway Iron Bolt Works, along the canal. The second illustration features the Bassett House Hotel and the third is the Birmingham Iron Foundry. Complete reference list below.


Features references to the following locations:

U. S. Post Office
N. H. D. & A. R. R. Depot
Bassett House, J. D. Sublett, Proprietor
Public School Building
National & Savings Bank Building
Episcopal Church
Methodist Church
Congregational Church
Catholic Church
Birmingham Iron Foundry
Iron & Steel Works
Sterling Organ Co.
Shelton Co.'s Works
Star Pin Mfg.
Derby Paper Co.