Historic Map - Blairstown, IA - 1868
View of Blairstown, Benton County, I.A., 1868 / drawn & published by A. Ruger.
This bird’s-eye view print of Blairstown, Iowa was drawn by Albert Ruger and published by Merchants Lithographing Co. in 1868. Blairstown was founded in 1862 by railroad man and philanthropist John Insley Blair as an agricultural stop along the Chicago & North-Western Railway. The community maintained in the early days as a grain and produce shipping center.
Blairstown’s population in 1868 was 1,100.
The map from 1868 includes labeled streets, buildings and railroad route.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
- Chicago & N. W. R. R. Depot.
- School Houses.
- Methodist Church.
- Evangelical Church.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.