Historic Map - Marengo, IA - 1868
View of Marengo, Iowa County, I.A., 1868 / drawn & published by A. Ruger.
This panoramic print of Montana, Iowa was drawn by Albert Ruger and published by Chicago Lithographing Co. in 1868. Montana was founded in the 1860s in a coal rich region of Iowa with the arrival of the Chicago & North-Western Railroad.
The map includes Marengo’s labeled streets, buildings and railroad route. There are featured inset illustrations of the Court House and Public School.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
- Court House.
- County Jail.
- Public School.
- C. R. I. & P. R. R. Depot.
- Fair Ground.
- Presbyterian Church.
- Christian Church.
- Methodist Church.
- Catholic Church.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.