This bird’s-eye view print of Clinton, Illinois was drawn by Albert Ruger and published by Merchant’s Lithographing Co. in 1869. Clinton, founded in the 1830's, was incorporated as a city in 1867.
In that year Clinton constructed their ornate school building on land donated by Stephen A. Douglas’ widow. The three-story brick building included a cupola and other adornments. On July 4, 1869 the Soldiers’ Monument was unveiled at the town’s Woodlawn Cemetery.
The map includes labeled streets, buildings and railroad route. It features inset illustrations of the Court House and Public School.
Features references to the following locations:
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.