This panoramic print of El Paso, Illinois was drawn by Albert Ruger and published by Chicago Lith. Co. in 1869. El Paso was established in the 1850's as an important crossroads of the Toledo, Warsaw & Western Railroad with the Illinois Central line.
The community’s streets were made of board and cinder block at the time. El Paso’s Baptist Church was built in 1864.
In 1867 El Paso made an unsuccessful bid to become the county seat of government.
The map includes El Paso’s labeled streets, buildings and railroad routes.
Features references to the following locations:
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.