Historic Map - Factoryville, PA - 1891
This panoramic print of Factoryville, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1891. Factoryville was founded along the south branch of the Tunkhannock Creek when in the early 1800s a large textile factory was established there. Factoryville became a destination for cotton and wool producers to have their materials woven at the water-powered factory. The factory was shortly thereafter abandoned. The Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad began serving Factoryville in the mid-1800's. The railroad transported agricultural goods as well as coal.
The Keystone Academy was begun in 1868 by Dr. John Harris and is now known as Keystone College.
The map from 1891 includes labeled streets, buildings, covered bridge and railroad route.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. Keystone Academy.
2. The Cottage.
3. Public School.
5. Sisk House. C. A. Sisk, Proprietor.
6. Depot House. J. M. Phinney, Proprietor.
7. Grist Mill. C. Mathewson, Proprietor.
8. R. R. Station.
9. Odd Fellows Hall.
10. M. E. Church.
11. New Bethel Church.
12. Baptist Church.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.