Reproduction panoramic map of Le Roy, New York, published by Burleigh Litho. Co. in 1892. Le Roy is a town on the banks of Oatka Creek in Genesee County. The town was named after early landowner Herman Le Roy. The community's most important industry has always been the harvesting of salt, but it was also known, in the late 1800's, for its production of patent medicines and household chemicals. In the foreground of this panoramic map we see the creek dam and its rapids near the flour and grist mills belonging to John Haskins.
This map from 1892 shows buildings, railroad route and labeled street names.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. St. Peters Church
2. Presbyterian Church
3. Universalist Church
4. St. Marks Church
5. Baptist Church
6. M. E. Church
7. Public Schools
8. Ingham University
9. B. R. & P. R. R. Station
10. Erie R. R. Station
11. N. Y. C. R. R. Station
12. L. V. R. R. Station, two miles north
13. D. L. & W. R. R. Station, three miles south
14. Le Roy Salt Works
15. N. B. Keeney & Son, Produce Dealers
16. F. C. Rogers & Co., Lumber & Planing Mill
17. Coal Yard of P. Gleason
18. Collins & Gilbert, Coal, Wood & Ice
19. Cattage Hotel, James Prendergast, Prop.
20. Cold Storage & Fruit House, P. Gleason
21. Le Roy Electric Light & Gas Co.
22. W. D. Matthews & Co., Malt Houses
23. J. M. Hewitt, Manufacturer of wood building Materials
23. Kroner & Lapp, Sash, Doors & Blinds
24. J. N. Champion, Livery & Sale Stable
25. Le Roy Roller Mills, C. F. Prentice, Prop.
26. Shiloh Family Remedies, J. C. Wells & Co.
27. Wm. H. Baxter, Florist
28. Dreamland Stock Farm, J. C. Wells
29. Wm. J. Stevens, Contractor & Builder
30. Geo. E. Williams, Contractor & Builder
31. Lucius T. Williams, Architect & Builder
32. Mrs. A. Baxter, Florist
33. Wilber C. Stevens, Carpenter & Builder
34. John H. Haskins, Flour & Grist Mill
35. S. W. Skinner, Physician & Surgeon
36. Harry H. Falkner, Life & Fire Insurance
37. Frank H. Strobel, Barber Shop
38. Le Roy Chemicals
39. F. J. Beaver, Groceries & China Ware
39. C. E. Curtis, Bakery & Confectionery
39. "Le Roy Gazette", Geo. E. Marcellus, Prop.
39. Chapman & Bryant, Chapman's Real Estate Agency
40. M. C. Decker, Cigars & Tobacco
41. Geo. G. Steuber, Furniture & Undertaking
41. B. H. Bacon, Manufacturer of "Otto's Cure & Aunt Fannie's Health Restorer"
42. C. F. Bissell, Atty & Counselor
42. D. J. Bissell, Atty & Counselor
42. Electric Light & Gas Co., J. C. Bissell, Supt.
42. Wm. S. Gooding, Dentist
42. W. A. Macpherson, Surgeon & Physician
43. T. P. Heddon, Atty & Counselor
44. Office of Genesee Courier, Geo. M. Howe, Prop.
44. John Maloney, Groceries, Crockery, Paints & Oils
45. Frank Tabor, General Blacksmithing
46. Fire Engine House and Town Hall
47. Bank of Le Roy
47. Wm. R. Crofoot, Atty & Counselor
48. Trousdell & Peoth, Meat & Fish Market
48. F. C. Rantz, Tin, Plumbing & Job Shop
49. Mc Donald, Custom Tailor
50. Eagle Hotel, W. C. Reed, Prop.
51. Office of S. F. Comstock, Insurance & Town Clerk
51. Office of M. N. King, Deputy Sheriff
52. F. C. Lathrop's Bank
53. E. A. Robbins, Genesee Laundry
54. John G. Lutton, General Groceries
55. H. Steuber & Son, Furniture, Picture Framing & Undertaking
55. H. W. Hascall, Atty & Counselor
65. John R. Olmsted, Atty & Counselor
65. O. F. Woodward, Manufacturer "Kemp's Balsom & Lane's Family Medicines"
65. F. & A. M. Hall
57. W. F. Loucks, Dry & Fancy Goods
58. John C. Ross, Merchant Tailor & Gents Furnishings
59. John Wiss, Groceries, Crockery & Paints
59. T. F. Al'en, Shaving Parlors
60. Olson Bros., Dry Goods, Carpets & Millinery
60. E. M. Harmon, Insurance
61. T. W. Larkin, Boots & Shoes
62. The Ball Grocery, Frank W. Ball, Prop.
62. Miss M. C. Tierney, Millinery
63. Office of "Le Roy Times", Willmer & Hazle, Props.
64. Office of F. L. Stone, Physician & Surgeon
65. James Annin, Jeweler, Silver Ware & Jewelry
65. Lampson House, S. M. Cochran, Prop.
67. T. H. Murnan, Tobacco & Cigars
68. J. B. Gillett & Co., General Hardware
69. W. H. Smith, Harness Manufactory
70. O. C. Thwing & Son, Produce Dealers
71. P. Gleason, Produce Office & Warehouse