Historic Map - Mingo Junction, OH - 1899
Reproduction panoramic image of Mingo Junction, Ohio, drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1899. Mingo Junction was named after the Mingo Indians, who had settled here along the Ohio River in the 1700s. By the1860s, when the Mingo Iron Works was founded, there were only a few settlers and Native Americans living in Mingo Junction. The iron works blast furnace and coke ovens were built in 1869. In 1890 the business merged into Junction Iron and Steel Co. Two more blast furnaces were added and in 1895 it became the Laughlin Steel Company. Two years before this drawing, the property was resold and the Aetna Standard Iron and Steel Co. continued, adding even more mills. Eventually, US Steel and Carnegie-Illinois Corporation would acquire the property. In 1899, the Bessemer Steel Works was founded in Mingo Junction.
The map from 1899 features clearly labeled street names and shows pedestrian, carriage, river and railroad traffic.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. City Hall
2. Public Schools
3. Catholic Schools
4. Electric Light Plant
5. Aetna Standard Iron & Steel Co.
6. M. E. Church
7. St. Agnes Catholic Church
8. Presbyterian Church
9. M. P. Church
10. Union Station
12. W. & L. E. R. R. Station
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.