Historic Map - US Gulf Coast - 1856
A Map Showing the Progress of the Discovery of the Gulf of Mexico.
The US Gulf Coast is on the southern coast of the Unites States, and includes the states of Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and Alabama.
After Spanish explorers arrived in the early 1500's, the area became a Spanish sea for nearly two hundred years. French explorers came to the gulf in 1700, and founded the city of New Orleans in 1718. Rivalries between Spain, France and England dominated the coast for nearly a century, until the United States bought most of the region from France in 1803 with the Louisiana Purchase. Between 1810 to 1819, the US acquired Florida, and Texas became part of the United States after the Mexican American War.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.