Historic Map - Woodsfield, OH - 1899
Reproduction panorama map of Woodsfield, Ohio, drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1899. Woodsfield, the county seat for Monroe County, was founded in 1814, and named after its founder Archibald Woods. Legend has it that Woods offered drinks of brandy to anyone who helped clear trees from the Main Street of town, and the work was done in a single afternoon. Woodsfield remained a small trading center for the farmers of Monroe County until oil, natural gas and coal were discovered in the area. A railroad was completed in 1886 and the village prospered during this time. The oil fields would eventually dry up.
The map features bottom inset illustrations of:
Residence of W. C. Mooney
St. Cloud House, C. M. Watson
The map includes clearly labeled street names showing railroad and carriage traffic.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. Court House
2. Children's Home
3. Public School
4. R. R. Station
5. New Columbia Hotel
6. St. Cloud House
7. Golden Rule Hotel
8. Catholic Church
9. Evangelical Lutheran Church
10. Presbyterian Church
11. Christian Church
12. Methodist Episcopal Church
13. The Hubbard Helbling Co.
14. Eureka Mills, Archer & Smith
16. Electric Light Plant
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.