Historic Railroad Map of the Northeastern United States - 1889
Map showing the location of the Flat-Top Coal Field and present and proposed railroads.
This detailed map was drawn in 1889 by G.W. & C.B. Colton and published by J.L. Smith. The map of the northeastern United States shows rivers, cities and towns, counties and the railroad network.
Included are all, or part of, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, West Virginiaand Maryland.
In the 1880's, railroad companies were highly interested in the abundant coal fields of the Flat-Top Mountains, popularly known as the Pocahontas Coal Fields. A branch of the Norfolk & Western Railway was extended to the coal fields and continued west through Mercer and McDowell counties. This enabled towns like Bramwell, West Virginia to enjoy much growth at that time, as major coal mining centers.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.