The National Geographic Physical U.S. wall map details hundreds of features that make up the natural landscape of the USA. This colorful physical map depicts natural vegetation land cover derived using data from the National Land Cover Database, MODIS Vegetation Continuous Fields and population data from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Landscan 2009. Vegetation shading is blended with detailed shaded relief terrain. A gorgeous USA physical wall map that will look very stylish displayed in your home, office, school, or public lobby. This map is presented in a Lambert Conformal Conic Projection. Available in four sizes, and in four finishing options: plain paper, laminated, laminated with wood rails, and a new repositionable peel and stick.
A wide range of physical features including:
- Bold easy to read National Geographic fonts.
- State boundaries defined. Major cities and states.
- Major rivers and lakes, mountain ranges, deserts, swamp land, valleys, and plateaus .
- Natural Vegetation legend to identify: bare ground or dessert, cropland, evergreen, grasslands, wetlands, mixed forest, shrubland, and tundra.
- Text surrounding the map describes major physiographic regions and physical features including: Volcanic Northwest, California Central Valley, Colorado Plateau, Ozark Plateau, Mississippi River, Coastal Plain and Piedmont, Appalachian Range, Glaciers, Great Plains, Rocky Mountains, Great Basin, Alaska, and Hawaiian Islands.
- Insets include: Alaska and Hawaiian Islands.