The National Geographic World Explorer Executive map features gorgeous antique-style cartography with richly colored earth-tones. Detailed shaded relief is utilized to depict terrain as well as ocean floor bathymetry. This political map of the world features National Geographic's signature cartographic style that has been a staple in many of their print publications for over 75 years. This world map is richly detailed with thousands of place name labels that have been meticulously placed on the map to enhance legibility and maximize level of detail. Be assured you are receiving one of the most accurate world maps available as all National Geographic maps are carefully researched using multiple authoritative sources and frequently updated.
A wide range of geographic information identifies cultural and physical features including:
- Bold easy to read National Geographic fonts.
- Countries clearly defined in solid colors, major cities, national capital cities, and U.S. capital cities. International airports.
- Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, and deserts.
- Major seas, bays, and straits. Major and minor islands.
- Latitude/longitude, international dateline, and time zones.
- Statistical insets include data for: world's largest countries by area & population and largest urban agglomerations.
A decorative world wall map to display in your home, office, classroom, or public lobby. The map is presented in a Winkel-Tripel Projection to minimize distortion of landmasses near the poles.
Available in four sizes, and in four finishing options including plain paper, laminated, laminated with wood rails, and a new repositionable peel and stick. See below for options.