The Classic World Map from National Geographic. The map features National Geographic's signature cartographic style that has been a staple in many of their print publications for over 75 years. This world map is richly detailed with thousands of place name labels that have been meticulously placed on the map to enhance legibility and maximize level of detail. Be assured you are receiving one of the most accurate world maps available as all National Geographic maps are carefully researched using multiple authoritative sources and frequently updated. The National Geographic Classic World Map utilizes a bright color palette with countries outlined in subtle contrasting colors combined with detailed shaded relief and blue ocean bathymetry.
A wide range of geographic information identifies cultural and physical features including:
- Bold easy to read National Geographic fonts.
- Clearly defined international boundaries, major cities, national capital cities, and U.S. capital cities. International airports.
- Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, and deserts.
- Major seas, bays, and straits. Major and minor islands. Ocean floor features.
- Warm & cold ocean currents and prevailing winds.
- Latitude/longitude, international dateline, and time zones.
- Insets include: North & South polar regions, population density, and vegetation & land use.
An excellent world wall map to display in your home, office, school, or public lobby. The map is presented in a Winkel-Tripel Projection to minimize distortion of landmasses near the poles.
Available in four sizes, and in four finishing options including plain paper, laminated, laminated with wood rails, and a new repositionable peel and stick. See below for options.