This detailed satellite image wall map of the United States combines high resolution NASA satellite imagery, 3-D shaded relief, and ocean floor bathymetry resulting in a stunning geographic presentation. Derived from a composite of satellite imagery with a spatial resolution of 500 meters, a multitude of data sources were combined to produce this unique view of the U.S. including: land imagery based on NASA's MODIS instrumentation (August 2004), ocean bathymetric information from the GEBCO (General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans). Shaded relief is based on NASA SRTM elevation data. A Lambert Conformal Conic projection is used for this map.
This map is labeled with the following political and physical features :
- U.S. state & Canadian province boundaries are outlined.
- U.S. & Canadian capital cities. National capital cities.
- Great Lakes, mountain ranges,.
- Major seas, bays, and straits. Major islands.
- Latitude/longitude grid at 5 degrees and international dateline.
- Detailed insets of Alaska and Hawaii.
- True-color land imagery w/ 3-D relief shading of topography and ocean bathymetry.
Available in four sizes, and in four finishing options including:
- Premium Paper Print - Heavyweight paper fine art print, map poster
- Laminated Print - High quality 3 mil lamination, full encapsulation, dry-erase compatible, metal eyelets provide reinforced points for hanging with pushpins
- Laminated on Wood Hanging Rails - Solid wood rails mounted to the top and bottom of laminated print w/ durable hanging cord
- Peel & Stick Wall Decal - Repositionable, removable self-adhesive fabric wall decal - resists wrinkles, bubbling, & tears
Ships rolled in a durable cardboard tube.