Historic Map - Archbald, PA - 1892
The reproduction panoramic map of Archbald, Pennsylvania was drawn and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer, A. E. Downs, lithography in 1892. Archbald prospered with the discovery and harvesting of coal in the mineral rich Lackawanna Valley. During the active anthracite coal industry of the 1800's, nearby Scranton was headquarters and shipping point for several coal mining companies. Railroads were busy transporting the valued fuel source through Archbald toward the manufacturing industries of Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey. Several mines in the Archbald area were operated by the Delaware & Hudson Canal Company. The company constructed and maintained a breaker at Archbald. This colliery had a capacity of several tons of coal daily and employed over two hundred people.
The map from 1892 includes Archbald’s streets, buildings, bridges and railroad lines. It features an inset illustration that is labeled "St. Thomas Aquinas Church. Rev. T. J. Comerford, Pastor".
Features numbered & lettered references to the following locations:
A. St. Thomas Aquinas Church.
B. German Evangelical Church.
C. Presbyterian Church.
1. Public Schools.
2. Jones & Simpson Colliery.
3. White Oak. D. & H. Colliery.
4. D. & H. R. R. Station.
5. O. & W. R. R. Station.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.