Historic Map - Plains, PA - 1892
This panoramic print of Plains, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler and James B. Moyer in 1892. The township of Plains was established southwest of Scranton near the Susquehanna River in the late 1700's. The community maintained as a farming and timber town until the early 1800's as anthracite coal was discovered throughout the region. Plains was home to several collieries during Pennsylvania’s coal and coke era.
The map from 1892 includes Plains’ streets, buildings and railroad line.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. Public Schools.
2. Catholic School.
4. Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
5. M. E. Church
6. Presbyterian Church.
7. Welsh Congregational Church.
8. Primitive Methodist Church.
9. Wyoming Colliery.
10. Henry Shaft.
11. Henry Breaker.
12. Enterprize Colliery.
13. Mill Creek Slope.
14. Mill Creek Breaker.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.