A bird's-eye view of Higganum, CT, published by O. H. Bailey in 1881. Situated along the banks of the Connecticut River, with a natural cove, the river port village is still considered the center of activity in the town of Haddam, as it was throughout the 1800's. The map depicts a lively community, with sailing vessels and riverboats on the Connecticut River.
Inset illustrations include:
Higganum Manufacturing Corporation, Agricultural Implements
Residence of H. Scovil
Manufactories of D. & H. Scovil's Improved Plantation Hoe
Residence of D. Scovil
Chase, Reed & Co., Manufacturers of Builders Hardware
L. C. & L. B. Barry
Complete reference list below.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. Higganum Manufacturing Corporation, Agricultural Implements
2. D. & H. Scovil, Manufacturers of Scovil's Improved Planter's Hoe
3. Chase, Reed & Co., Manufacturers of Builders Hardware
4. Stevens, Hotchkiss & Hubbard, Manufactuers of Chandeliers, Lamp Fixtures & c.
5. Russell & Co., Manufactuers of Cotton Yarn, Webbing & c.
6. L. C. & E. D. Barry, General Merchandise
7. A. H. Gladwin, General Merchandise Store
8. N. Fuller, Dry & Fancy Goods
9. A. E. Hull, General Merchandise
10. Brainard, Cody & Co., Market & Provisions
11. Post Office, E. D. Gilbert, Postmaster
11. Hagganum Savings Bank
12. Higganum Hotel
13. Hartford & Connecticut Valley Railroad Station
14. Steamboat Landing
15. Congregational Church
16. Methodist Church
17. Public Schools
Questions about the Historic Map - Higganum, CT - 1881?
World Maps Online is here to help you with all of your map needs. If you need help finding the right product, we're happy to answer questions you have. Give us a call during normal business hours at 877-884-2402 or click here to send us a message.