Historic Map - Hyndman, PA - 1906
View of Hyndman, Bedford County, P.A., 1906 / drawn & published by Fowler & Kelly.
This aero-view print of Hyndman, Pennsylvania was drawn and published by Fowler & Kelly in 1906. Hyndman was known as Bridgeport from the time the first bridge was built across Wills Creek in the late 1700's. The early settlement was a thriving agricultural and boat building community.
The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad reached the area in 1871 and the Pennsylvania Railroad closely followed. The railroads enabled Bridgeport to prosper and it was incorporated in 1877 as Hyndman in honor of railroad man E. K. Hyndman. Hyndman’s other economic interests are with brick making and limestone. In 1906, Hyndman attained their telephone system.
The map from 1906 includes labeled streets, buildings, bridges and railroad lines. It features inset illustrations of the following:
- Residence of Geo. S. Mullin, Postmaster.
- Residence of Hon. W. Scott Mullin.
- E. W. Light’s Department Store.
- Residence of E. W. Light.
- Tannery and Vicinity.
- Reformed Church.
- Bible Christian Church.
- Dunkard’s Church.
- Evangelical Church.
- Disciples Church.
- Methodist Episcopal Church.
- Public School.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.