Historic Map - Orbisonia & Rock Hill, PA - 1906
View of Orbsonia and Rock Hill, Huntingdon County, P.A., 1906 / drawn & published by Fowler & Kelly.
This aero-view map of Orbisonia and Rock Hill, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by Fowler & Kelly in 1906. Orbisonia emerged out of a former Indian fort along the banks of Blacklog Creek. The area around Orbisonia was found to be rich in blue limestone and particularly desirable brown iron ore. A duel-stack furnace and a forge were erected just across the creek. The iron furnaces were operated by the Rockhill Iron and Coal Company who instilled a community around the furnaces naming it Rock Hill. Rock Hill prospered in the 1870's when the East Broad Top Railroad, an affiliate of the iron and coal company, erected a depot there.
The map from 1906 includes labeled streets, bridges, buildings and railroad routes. It features inset illustrations of the following:
- Public School. Orbisonia.
- Public School. Rock Hill.
- Presbyterian Church.
- Dunkards Church.
- Methodist Episcopal Church.
- Episcopal Church.
- United Brethren Church.
- Reformed Church.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.