Historic Map - Mount Union, PA - 1906
View of Mount Union, Huntingdon County, P.A., 1906 / drawn & published by Fowler & Kelly.
This aero-view print of Union City, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by Fowler & Kelly in 1906. Mount Union was established along the Juniata River in 1849 and incorporated as a borough in 1867. Mount Union was a major railroad hub for the coal and coke industry of the 1800's. A coal cleaning plant was established there. Mount Union welcomed industry and in the early 1900's, town manufacturers began producing a fire-clay molded refractory material with much success.
The map from 1906 includes labeled streets, buildings and railroad lines. It features inset illustrations of the following:
- Public School.
- Hotel Beers. E. M. Beers, Proprietor.
- Store and Residence of H. Wilson Maxwell.
- Residence of W. T. Bell.
- Central Banking Co.
- Odd Fellows Hall.
- Methodist Episcopal Church.
- Presbyterian Church.
- Baptist Church.
- Ev. Lutheran Church
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.