Chartered by New Hampshire to Jared Lee, Esq. and 65 associates in 1761, the Ludlow charter originally consisted of 24,000 acres, but was reduced by 11,739 acres when Mount Holly township was formed, in Rutland County.
Features numbered & lettered references to the following locations:
Roman Catholic Church.
Hammond Hall and G. A. R. Hall.
Village Hall, Jail and Engine House.
Black River Academy.
Central Vermont Rail Road Station.
Ludlow House, H. L. Warner, Proprietor.
Ludlow Woolen Mill.
Ludlow Listing Mill.
Ball's Hardware Block.
Warner's Machine Shop.
Ludlow Toy Mfg. Co..