A stylish world political map produced to commemorate the 125th anniversary of the National Geographic Society. This special edition map adds a modern touch to the class National geographic map design. The wall map features an attractive color palette with countries shaded in light contrasting colors blended with subtle shaded relief to represent terrain. Ocean floor features are illustrated using shaded bathymetric relief. This world map is richly detailed with thousands of place name labels that have been meticulously placed on the map to enhance legibility and maximize level of detail. Be assured you are receiving one of the most accurate world maps available as all National Geographic maps are carefully researched using multiple authoritative sources and frequently updated.
A wide range of geographic information identifies cultural and physical features including:
- Bold easy to read National Geographic fonts.
- Clearly defined international boundaries, major cities, national capital cities, and U.S. capital cities. International airports.
- Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, and deserts.
- Major seas, bays, and straits. Major and minor islands. Ocean floor features.
- Latitude/longitude, international dateline, and time zones.
- Insets include: North & South polar regions along with the world as it appeared in 1888 (year National Geographic was founded) and 1988 (National Geographic centennial) .
An excellent world wall map to display in your home, office, school, or public lobby. The map is presented in a Winkel-Tripel Projection to minimize distortion of landmasses near the poles.
Available in four sizes, and in four finishing options including plain paper, laminated, laminated with wood rails, and a new repositionable peel and stick. See below for options.