The Peters world map projection maintains correct sizes and proportions of continents, providing us with an alternative view of the world not found on traditional school maps.
The map features colorful topographic shading, or hypsometric tints combined with detailed shaded relief of terrain that clearly define elevation information for the world. Political boundaries for countries are represented using bold red outlines. Countries, national capital cities, major cities and U.S. states are clearly labeled. Also features rivers, lakes, seas, mountain ranges & peaks, deserts, basins, and latitude/longitude lines. This world topography map also features detailed ocean bathymetry including ocean floor relief. Map is politically up-to-date with the latest changes.
- Bold easy to read text labels.
- Elevation and ocean depth legend in feet and meters.
- Detailed legend identifies map symbols and features.
- Insets include: Detailed polar projections of North and South Pole.
Available in a variety of sizes, and in multiple finishing options including:
- Premium Paper Print - Heavyweight paper fine art print, map poster
- Laminated Print - High quality 3 mil lamination, full encapsulation, dry-erase compatible, metal eyelets provide reinforced points for hanging with pushpins
- Laminated on Wood Hanging Rails - Solid wood rails mounted to the top and bottom of laminated print w/ durable hanging cord
- Peel & Stick Wall Decal - Repositionable, removable self-adhesive fabric wall decal - resists wrinkles, bubbling, & tears
Ships rolled in a durable cardboard tube.
This popular classroom style map is also offered on a spring roller for school or home use. Click to see the Peters Projection Physical World Spring Roller Map.