This panoramic print of Edmond, Oklahoma was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1891. Edmond was established as a water and fuel station along the Santa Fe Railroad in 1887.
Following the Oklahoma Land Run of 1889, Edmond was quickly platted by the Seminole Town and Development Co., to house and supply the freshly arrived homesteaders.
The first newspaper, the Edmond Sun, began in 1889, with Milton W. Reynolds as editor. It is now considered the state’s oldest newspaper.
The Territorial Normal School was founded at Edmond in 1890, with classes beginning in 1891 for the student body of twenty-three. The institution is now known as the University of Central Oklahoma.
The map includes labeled streets, buildings and railroad route.
Features references to the following locations:
First M. E. Church.
Grand Central Hotel.
Flouring Mills. J. H. Snyder, Proprietor.
R. R. Station.