null

Historic Map - Hermann, MO - 1869

Code:
1W-MO-HE-1869-S-P
Shipping Weight:
2.00 pounds
Starting at $29.95

clear

Bird's eye view of Hermann, Gasconade Co., Missouri 1869. Drawn by A. Ruger.

Reproduction map of the community known as Hermann, MO, drawn by Prussian born Albert Ruger. A German community established along the Missouri River that became widely known for its wine. The town is named after the Germanic leader Hermann der Cherusker, who had defeated the Romans in 9 A.D.. Settlers began a self-supporting community built on farming, commerce and industry. At the time this map was published, the Adam Puchta Winery just south of town had been established for 14 years and today is the nations oldest continuously family-owned winery.

The map features clearly labeled street names with lively scenes of riverboat, railroad, carriage and pedestrian traffic. Also featured are inset illustrations of the Market House and Court House.

Complete reference list below.

Features numbered references to the following locations:

  1. Court House
  2. School Houses
  3. Market House
  4. Music Hall
  5. White House
  6. Lymers Hotel
  7. U. S. Hotel
  8. P. R. R. Depot
  9. Fairground
  10. Catholic Church
  11. Lutheran Church
  12. Presbyterian Church
  13. Cemetary