Historic Map - Lakeside, OH - 1884
Lakeside summer resort and camp ground, near Sandusky, Ohio. Sinz & Fausel Lith.
Reproduction bird's-eye view map of Lakeside, Ohio drawn and published by A. J. Hare in 1884. Designed on the shores of Lake Erie as a resort and campground for members of the Methodist faith in 1873, Lakeside saw the opening of its first hotel, the Lakeside Hotel, in 1874. A dormitory called "Pilgrim's Rest" was also erected in this privately-owned community. The resort tract was purchased by the Central Ohio Conference of the Methodist Church, who's original financial backers included Reverend Richard P. Duvall, who had done missionary work with Sac and Fox Indians that had been relocated to Oklahoma, B. H. Jacobs, who owned a store in Port Clinton, and Samuel R. Gill, from the Marblehead peninsula.
The map features clearly labeled street names with lively scenes of boating, carriage and pedestrian traffic. Also features an illustration of the steamboat "B. F. Ferris".
Features numbered references to the following locations:
- General Office
- English Auditorium
- German Auditorium
- Dining Halls
- Post Office
- Livery Stable
- School House
- Engine House
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.