| This aero-view print of Terre Hill, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1894. The mica rich soil of Lancaster County afforded much grain and tobacco production during the 1800's.
After moral considerations of the product itself were set aside, tobacco began to be grown and processed to great extent throughout the region. Terre Hill was a cigar manufacturing center in the 1890's.
Various fruits were also grown in this region such as raspberries, blackberries and cherries. The chestnut is native to the area.
The map looking southwest towards New Holland includes Terre Hill’s streets and buildings of 1894.
Features numbered & lettered references to the following locations:
1. Public Schools.
2. Band Hall.
3. “Times” Printing Office. O. B. Cake, Proprietor.
4. Terre Hill Hotel. Geo. M. Ammon, Proprietor.
5. General Store. Samuel Wechter, Proprietor.
6. General Store. W. M. Clime, Proprietor.
7. Cigar Box Factory. Sol. Lessly, Proprietor.
8. Cigar Box Factory. Frank Michael, Proprietor
9. Drug Store. Dr. E. K. Fernsler, Proprietor.
10. Cigar Factory. Dilworth Bros., Proprietors. C. R. Richmond, Manager.
11. Richmond Tobacco Co.
12. Cigar Factory. Weaver Bros., Proprietors.
13. Cigar Factory. S. S. Watts, Proprietor.
14. Cigar Factory. James Lichty, Proprietor.
15. Cigar Factory. A. M. Clime, Proprietor.
16. Cigar Factory. D. C. Coleman, Proprietor.
17. Bakery. Romig & Eitnier, Proprietors.
A. Evangelical Church.
B. Mennonite Church.