Historic Map - Pennsburg, PA - 1894
This panoramic print of Pennsburg, Pennsylvania was drawn by Thaddeus Mortimer Fowler and published by T. M. Fowler & James B. Moyer in 1894. Pennsburg was incorporated as a borough in the Perkiomen Valley, southeast of Greenville, in 1888. The borough, named for one-time landowner William Penn, was served by the Perkiomen Railroad beginning in 1892. It prospered as a tobacco growing and cigar making community in the early 1800's. Pennsburg also maintained a paper mill and a shirt factory in the late 1800's. The Perkiomen Seminary was founded at Pennsburg in 1887 by Rev. C. S. Wieand and its school opened in 1892
The map from 1894 includes labeled streets, buildings and railroad route. It includes a lovely inset illustration of the Pennsburg Public School.
Features numbered references to the following locations:
1. Public School.
2. Perkiomen Seminary.
3. Lutheran Reformed Church.
4. Odd Fellows Hall.
5. Pennsburgh Hotel. Hermann Roth, Proprietor.
6. Buchman House. Frank Buchman, Proprietor.
7. Carriage Works. D. S. Althouse, Proprietor.
8. Cigar Factory. L. B. Miller, Proprietor.
9. R. R. Station.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.