Historic Map - Texas - 1872
Colton's new map of the state of Texas : the Indian Territory and adjoining portions of New Mexico, Louisiana, and Arkansas / compiled from the official county maps of the General Land Office, the personal reconnaissances and geological explorations of Prof. A.R. Roessler, the surveys of the Mexican Boundary Commission, U.S. Coast Surveys, U.S. General Land Office, the various Rail Road Cos., information furnished by Mr. Pressler, and other authentic materials by G. Woolworth Colton. Published by G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 172 William St New York. 1872.
The state of Texas entered the United States in 1845, becoming the 26th state. This gorgeous map was produced only 27 years after it's admittance into the union, by cartographer Woolworth G. Colton.
Premium fine art paper that provides accurate color reproduction with high-contrast, high-resolution print output and maximum image permanence. A high-quality print ready for framing.
- Museum quality paper for high-quality fine art.
- Ultra smooth, neutral white matte finish.
- Heavy-weight 230 gsm, 9.5 mil thickness.
- Printed with pigment inks for longer print life and enhanced fade resistance.
- Pigment based Canon LUCIA inks provide smooth tones and rich colors in fine, precise detail.