The National Geographic Decorator map series features a pleasant subdued color palette with countries in solid blocks of contrasting colors. Shaded relief terrain compliments bathymetric relief that provides a clear depiction of ocean floor features. This world political wall map features National Geographic's signature cartographic style that has been a staple in many of their print publications for over 75 years. The world map is richly detailed with thousands of place name labels that have been meticulously placed on the map to enhance legibility and maximize level of detail. Be assured you are receiving one of the most accurate world maps available as all National Geographic maps are carefully researched using multiple authoritative sources and frequently updated.
wide range of geographic information identifies cultural and physical features including:
- Bold easy to read National Geographic fonts.
- Countries clearly defined, major cities, national capital cities, and U.S. capital cities. International airports.
- Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges, and deserts.
- Major seas, bays, and straits. Major and minor islands. Ocean floor features.
- Latitude/longitude, international dateline, and time zones.
- Insets include: North & South polar regions, world land cover satellite imagery, and world land forms relief map with topography.
A decorative world wall map to display in your home, office, classroom, or public lobby. The map is presented in a Winkel-Tripel Projection to minimize distortion of landmasses near the poles.
Available in four sizes, and in four finishing options including plain paper, laminated, laminated with wood rails, and a new repositionable peel and stick. See below for options.